Effective Date: 11/1/20
Thoughts in Print values our customers' privacy and is committed to protecting their personal information. This privacy notice summarizes what information we collect and how we use it. It applies to our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages and to our communications with you via text message and email.
Throughout this policy, we may refer to Thoughts in Print as "TIP," "we," "us," or "our." When we say "Websites," we mean thoughtsinprint.com, tipshirts.com and any other microsites or mobile websites we operate or use. "Apps" refers to the mobile applications we make available for download on your personal device. "Social Media Pages" are the official social media pages we operate on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms. If you have any questions about these definitions or anything else in this privacy notice, email us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect
We collect different types of information about our customers, Website visitors, and App users. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device's settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Websites, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Contact Information: We'll collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Payment Details: Your payment details can be collected within your account or in connection with an order.
- Call records, email records, text records, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Shopping History: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items you purchase, save to My Saves or add to your shopping bag.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages, including photos, videos, or reviews.
- Demographic Information: We have access to demographic details about our customers like birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other similar details.
- Social Media Usage: We receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages. "Aggregated" means information that doesn't include personal information associated with identified people.
How Your Information is Collected
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit a store; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Websites, Apps, or Social Media Pages; enter our contests or sweepstakes or contests or sweepstakes we are affiliated with; save items to My Saves or add to your shopping bag; create a Thoughts in Print account; respond to a survey; opt in to text messages; sign up for investor information; or fill out any forms on our Websites, Apps, or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Websites, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, interact with our Wi-Fi, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third par-ties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn't include personal data, with TIP. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including processing payments and delivering packages.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, text messages, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication) and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising and experiences on our Websites, Apps, Emails, and ads on Social Media.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys or other messages.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website, Apps, and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers' experience.
- Security: Protecting TIP and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
How We Share Information with Third Parties and For What Purposes
TIP may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our e-commerce business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect the users of our Websites and Apps, our Websites and Apps, or the public.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: If TIP were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or it acquires another company, or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, your information could be shared with that business entity.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Websites and Apps from accessing your location information. Note that some services, including check-in or nearby store locations, may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account on our Websites or Apps. If you wish to cancel your TIP account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address of the account you wish to cancel.
- Social Media: This privacy notice doesn't cover the privacy and security practices of social media platforms on which TIP has Social Media Pages. Please review the terms, policies, and settings of those social media platforms if you have questions about how they collect and use your data.
- Online Advertising: For information about opting out of third party advertising, visit: NAI Opt-Out (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) and DAA Opt-Out (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1) (you will leave this Website for a separately managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
TIP has implemented security technologies, processes and procedures designed to protect your information. You can protect your information by selecting strong, unique passwords for the website and any associated email addresses. If you have concerns about the security of your account, or wish to alert us of any potential vulnerabilities, please contact email@example.com.
Supported Web Browsers and Do Not Track Signals
We recommend that you use the latest web browser versions to optimize your experience. Older web browser versions may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our website as intended.
TIP may not be able to receive or honor web browser "Do Not Track" signals and our website may continue to collect information in the manner described within this privacy notice.
We will make updates to our privacy practices from time to time. If we make any material changes to our privacy practices, we will update this privacy notice and change the effective date at the top of this page.
Send your privacy-related questions, comments, and concerns to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at:
Thought in Print
P.O. Box 340533
Sacramento, CA 95834
Privacy Rights of California Residents
As a resident of California, you have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code § 1798.100 et seq., (with any implementing regulations and as may be amended from time to time, "CCPA") relevant to your Personal Information (as defined under the CCPA), as well as other laws. The rights described herein are subject to exemptions under the CCPA and other limitations under applicable law.
California Consumer Rights Under the CCPA: If your Personal Information is subject to the CCPA, you may have certain privacy rights with regard to that information. You may have the right to:
- Request that we provide you access to the following no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information; and
- the categories of Personal Information that are sold (as defined under the CCPA) and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold.
- Request that we delete your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under the CCPA or other applicable law; and
- Request that we not "sell" your Personal Information by opting out of the sale of your Personal Information.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, as described in this section. TIP will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request
If you wish to exercise your right to request access to your Personal Information, to request deletion of your Personal Information, please submit your request through email@example.com.
TIP is required to provide you with access to your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information only in response to verifiable consumer requests. We will compare the information you provide in the email, to any information we may have in our possession in order to verify your request. You may be asked to provide us with information such as your home address, email address, and telephone number. We may also contact you to request additional information in relation to your request. The information you provide must match the information we have in our possession. This measure is in place to help ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. The information collected through this process will be used for verification purposes only. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a request to the following address:
Thought in Print
P.O. Box 340533
Sacramento, CA 95834